Castillium offers landowner’s an attractive, secure and index linked income for 30 years, which is independent of agricultural prices and the weather.
The time has never been better for landowners to diversify into renewable energy developments. Castillium applies very careful consideration to the location, design, layout and screening of its solar parks to ensure that their impact on the surrounding countryside is minimised, limiting the likelihood of the planners and/or your neighbours objecting. Solar parks also benefit from significantly fewer environmental impacts than from similar sized wind farm developments.
Visual impact is a key consideration and therefore we look for sites which are relatively level and ideally already well screened by well established hedgerows. We consider sites of between 1 acre up to 200 acres; though sites should have the following characteristics:
- Having good access to a 11KV or 33kV grid connection
- Having good access to roads
- Being reasonably flat or south facing and that is not shaded
- Being well drained and not prone to flooding
- Not crossed by footpaths or rights of way
- Not in or next to an AONB, SSSI, Ancient Woodland, National Park, World Heritage site, Scheduled Ancient Monument
- Under single ownership
We actively encourage grazing between the panels of our solar parks and sheep and hens love the shelter which they provide. If the ground between the panels is not to be grazed then a wild flower meadow can be sown which will increase biodiversity and help improve the productivity of the surrounding land by supporting pollinators (such as the honey bee).
If you would like to rent your land for a solar farm development then get in touch.